- https://github.com/rui314/8cc (http://www.sigbus.info/how-i-wrote-a-self-hosting-c-compiler-in-40-days.html)
- Compilers Stanford
Automata by Ullman
Toy compiler, Writing own compiler
- Build your own Lisp
- Interpretor: http://ruslanspivak.com/lsbasi-part1/
- Design and implement a durable complex event-processing service with exactly-once semantics.
- Create an internal framework for writing new API endpoints
- You’ve scaled a large system before. You realize that 95% of scaling is doing nitty-gritty detail work.
- You have extensive experience with server operations, though you lean more towards writing code.
- Design and implement a distributed authentication service
- Implement efficient realtime queries on top of MongoDB by consuming the MongoDB replication log.
- Add features to DDP, Meteor’s state synchronization protocol. For example, you might add protocol-level support for pagination of realtime datasets, and write a DDP caching proxy that performs this pagination in a separate tier from the application logic.
- Write a kernel for a distributed operating system that schedules application processes across a set of machines. Make it capable of updating itself in place without any downtime.
- Implement an advanced package dependency resolver on top of a pseudoboolean SAT solver.
- Write a full implementation of SQL that runs in-memory in a web browser, and also supports arbitrary realtime queries and speculative local execution of updates that are in flight to the server.